June 25, 1915 the Del Bonita School District No. 3275 was established, comprising the following lands: Sections 6, 7, 18 and 19 in Township 1, Range 20; and Sections 1-5, 8-17, and 20-24 in Township 1, Range 21, west of the Fourth Meridian.
Senior Trustee, and Secretary at the time was James Hutton, and the committee responsible for establishment included T. Wilson, H. E. Williams and E. B. Dalton. Lumber for the building was hauled from Milk River.
July 8, 1918 the following lands were withdrawn: the north-west quarter of Section 17 and the southwest quarter of Section 20 in Township 1, Range 21, West of the Fourth Meridian.
On October 3, 1936 the Del Bonita School District No. 3275 was included in Subdivision No. 3 of the St. Mary's River School Division No. 2.
In the summer of 1939 the Del Bonita School building was moved to the site of the Del Bonita in Lens centralized school, where it was used as a class room until 1947. It was purchased by Albert Hilimer and moved to his farm in 1950.
Some teachers who taught at the Del Bonita one roomed school included: Rosela Glenn, Eva Glenn, Ada Venne, Vera Hutton, Lynn Nay, Claire Allen, Merlin Steed, Mrs. Duklow or Ducleau, Miss Evens, Harold Merkley, Frank Folsom, John Hutton, Mabel Walkling, Sadie Hominuke, Lottie Newton, George Spencer, Jim Hunter, Miss Burt, Marvella Duce.
Return Rural Schools
Return to Del Bonita, Alberta