The RCMP withdrew its services respecting their duties as a Provincial Police Force on March 1, 1917 and the Alberta Provincial Police were formed. "D" Division of the A. P. R was located in the basement of the Provincial Court House in Lethbridge. The Division consisted of Insp. R. D. C. Munsly, two sergeants, two corporals, twenty-eight constables and two detectives, eight of these men were stationed in Lethbridge. Bootlegging was a prime concern of the Force at this time, with liquor being transported into Alberta from Montana. When Insp. E. Bavin took over command in 1921 he purchased seven bloodhounds which were stationed at Coalhurst under Constable McWilliams.
The A.P.P. was disbanded on March 31, 1932, after completing 15 years of service.
Return Coalhurst, Alberta